Sunday, February 19, 2012

MAINE BLUEBERRY PIE

I like two kinds of pie, warm or cold. 

Maine Blueberry Pie
Marjorie Standish
Cooking Down East
copyright 1969

Pastry for a 2 crusted pie
4 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
dash of salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp of butter



Mix all the above ingredients except the butter in a large bowl. Mix and pour into a prepared pie dish with the bottom pie crust. Cut up the butter in little pieces and dot the top of the blueberries. Prepare the top crust, lay on top of berries and flute the pie edges and cut slits in the top of the pie to allow steam to vent. Bake at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes. Check after about 30 minutes to see if crust is getting dark, if so cover the pie with foil.


2 comments:

  1. I love anything with blueberries in it. So Blueberry pie is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always drooling over the food on her site. ... Oh my gosh!

    ReplyDelete