Sunday, November 24, 2013

BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON COOKIES

The wind is howling outside today, cold and a dusting of snow last night.  I found these brown sugar cinnamon cookie on Pinterest. These cookies were posted by lemons for lulu.  Cinnamon chips are sometimes a seasonal item in Maine.  If you see any then I would purchase and keep them for making cookies or cinnamon bread.   I took some of these cookies for our early Thanksgiving day dinner with Amanda, Greg, Matt, Morgan, Sam, Dick, Sally and myself. Greg loved them and I think he may have stashed them away.....next time I will take more cookies. My favorite daughter Morgan and favorite son in law, Sam were in New Hampshire for a few days from Texas. We traveled to Greg and Amanda's for dinner.   Great time! Amanda put out a wonderful dinner.  Thanks to all,  we got to meet Matt.   Any single girls? I think he may be a good catch.  Even does dishes!




VISIT LEMONS FOR LULU




These cookies are my kind of cookie, full of cinnamon chips, chewy and just perfect!   

1 cup of butter, softened
1 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 (10) ounce bag of cinnamon chips

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. 
1. In your mixing bowl add the butter, sugar and mix until creamy.
2. Add the egg and continue to mix
3. In another bowl add the dry ingredients and whisk together to combine
4. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix. 
5. Stir in the bag of cinnamon chips

line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. I use a cookie scoop or you can use a tablespoon to drop the dough.  Original recipe says she got 48 I didn't made them a bit bigger.  Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes.  Allow to rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to the cookie rack to cool completely

Pour a big glass of milk and enjoy some cookies...............The end   Andi 

Here is a favorite using Cinnamon Chips
Snickerdoodle Bread I made this sometime ago. 



This recipe is from barbarabakes, she has changed the recipe a bit from the original. Go visit Barbara she has a nice blog and loves to bake and cook. The new and revised recipe has little more flour and another egg. It gives the bread the domed effect instead of being flat.  I better get some more cinnamon chips so I can make the revised snickerdoodle bread. 

Sharing with 
mymixingspoonflourmewithlovegreenwillowpond


4 comments:

  1. I just started a juice cleanse, and you're tempting me with these cookies! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies and Bread look delicious! =)
    Im a fan of barbarabakes, she has alot of good recipes also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad you enjoyed the cookies! Thank you for sharing! I have to try that Snickerdoodle Bread! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious and I just happen to have a bag of Cinnamon chips in the pantry! Thanks for sharing at mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete