Sharing today my love of cookies, and these sugar cookies are melt in your mouth delicious....little crispy on the edge and soft and yummy on the inside....Found this recipe from Anna at crunchy creamy sweet. I so love the season and these cookies complete my baking for Santa. He is going to love these. Best cookies on his journey this Christmas Eve.
This stocking made of felt and hand stitched was made by my mother many years ago.
The Santa mugs have been around since I was a little girl.
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup of granulated sugar that will be used to flattened the cookie balls
1. Bake at 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In your bowl add the butter and mix for about 30 seconds
3. Add the sugars, and mix at least 3 minutes
4. Add the vanilla and the egg and mix
5. In another bowl add the flour, cream of tartar, and the baking soda and whisk
6. Add the flour to the wet mixture and mix
7. Using your cookie scoop, scoop the balls and place on the parchment paper
8. dip the bottom of a greased wine glass in the granulated sugar and press the cookie balls
9. Sprinkle with your colored sugars
10. bake at 350 degrees for about 7-9 minutes till the edges are lightly brown
11. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet then transfer them to the cooling rack to cool
Sharing with Mizhelenscountrycottage