Sunday, October 19, 2014

PAM'S 50TH BIRTHDAY.....A "BITTERSWEET TIME"

Lemon Velvet Cake

What a great recipe, this Lemon Velvet Cake will amaze all lemon lovers. I first saw this cake on Pinterest and knew that I needed to make this for Pam.  Her birthday was soon approaching and Lemon desserts are a favorite of hers.  

With the help of others we had a surprise 50th birthday party for her.  


Rock Recipes to get recipe   I made the lemon cake as directed but I changed it a bit.  I added a lemon curd in the middle.  I used a box of lemon pudding/pie filling mix "durkee and reduced the water by 1/4 cup and followed as directed on the box.  After the pudding was thick and beautiful yellow. I put the filling in a small bowl and then placed a piece of plastic wrap directly on the pudding and put in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning I squeezed the juice from one lemon and mixed it all together. 
So, lets frost this cake, when frosting the middle of the cake, make a dam with the frosting, around the edge of the cake, this allows the filling to stay in place in the middle and not to weep out when the top layer is placed on top .  Continue to frost the top and sides of the cake.   I used my new and favorite butter-cream icing  that you can get here....that really frosts me.   




The Birthday Girl & Hubby 




Pumpkin Whoopie Pie's made by Kathy 
These Whoopie pies are full of all the flavors and scents of fall.  Wonderful recipe 



Bittersweet wreath made by Heidi 
 Thank you I love it


Rented potty house and a wash station 




Mr. Dick getting ready for a fire in the pit.........
Happy Birthday Ms. Pam enjoy being 50 years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment